Monday, January 23, 2006

Dream guitar-and my stab at recreating it...


Hola mi Guitarra amigos! In the pic above (top guitar) you will see 'The Right Reverend 'Billy G's new Gretsch 'Billy-Bo Jupiter Thunderbird'. Such a sweet slab. Part Billy Gibbons...part Bo Diddley. How could you mess a guitar like that up with those 2 at the helm??! I tested one out, fell in love, but yet didn't wanna cough up the $3250 to be in the Gretsch club, so I went out to the local shops with it in mind and hunted down my " Billy-Bo". The guitar on the bottom is just that. I found her hiding in the back covered in dust. With a few mods, namely a custom pickguard, some pintriping, and some retro bridge hardware, I turned my Silvertone into one lean, mean, tone machine. Part Billy, part Bo...all UFO in design. My sweet ride...pour on the BBQ, and turn it up loud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home