Saturday, December 24, 2005

DO NOT CLEAN YOUR GUITAR!


Along with the aforementioned Yamaha SE612, which is my baby, I own a few other gems. One of them, which is quickly becoming a fast favorite, is my 1996 Fender Telecaster! TONE! TONE! TONE! It has all the dings, dirt, and scratches from many a long jam night. People ask me when they see how banged up it is, "why don't you clean it and paint the body etc?". I say to them a quote I read from the immortal Keith Richards: "It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got them dings!". I believe a guitar, like the blues itself, should not be showroom shiney. It needs to have all the war-wounds and life-lessons it's endured on it for all the world to see! In order to have the blues you need to have character! SO DO NOT CLEAN YOUR GUITAR! Pictured above is my beloved Fender in all it's grimey glory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home