Sunday, January 15, 2006

A New Addition to the Family...meet my 'Shelby'...



I got the itch Saturday morning to grab a coffee, a blues cd, and hit the guitar/pawn shops to look for another hidden 6-stringed gem. I'm talkin about the one way in the back covered in dust that the world has forgotten about...the one that has been passed around more times than a red-haired stepson, but never purchased. Basically I went lookin for the 'guitar equivalent' to what a classic car hunter finds when they answer the add in the newspaper by the old lady that read " old mustang- uncertain year", get to the barn where it was kept for 25 years, and finds a mint 1966 Shelby. I found her- the Silvertone Liberator....my 'Shelby'...and boy does she drive like a dream. Once I wiped the dust of her 'hood', she had a tone thicker than a 20 dollar steak.

LIBERATOR - SSLR1 FEATURES:
Aggressive Carved Body
Sculpted Bolt-On Neck (Maple)
Rosewood Fingerboard
24 Fret 25 1/2" Scale
Chrome Precision Die-Cast Tuning Machines
Dual Humbucking Pickups w/3-Way Selector Switch
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Colors Available: Metallic Black

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home